Welcome to FMTB-W
S-1 ADMINISTRATION AND PERSONNEL
1. BAS will stop for all students while attending FMTB-W.
BAS. Every student will have a meal deduction of $10.50 a day while attending FMTB-W. The total amount for the month will be between $310 to $325 depending on the number of days in a month.
- If you are currently married your BAH will continue at the rate from where you came from unless your Ultimate Duty Station (UDS) is in the Oceanside or San Diego area. Page 2 must be updated
- If your UDS is out of the Oceanside area or San Diego, you may request BAH at your UDS if your dependent has established residency; page 2 must be updated upon check-in to FMTB-W to reflect change of address.
- Mil to mil that do not have an established residence will only receive BAH-partial. Once you have an established residency you must route a special request chit.
BAH FOR ACCESSION PIPELINE ONLY
- If you do not have a dependent and currently in the accession pipeline, you are authorized BAH-Transit when in a travel, leave in route, or proceed time status while transferring from the initial entry training location, between training locations, and to the first Permanent Duty Station (PDS).
BAH FOR FLEET RETURNEES ONLY
- If you are single and your UDS is Camp Pendleton and you did not receive BAH previously at your last duty station, you will receive BAH-single ONLY for the duration of detachment from last duty station to check in date at FMTB-W (Leave, travel time. proceed time).
- If you have dependents and are coming from overseas and your ultimate duty station is not Camp Pendleton you will receive BAH-transit which varies by pay grade.
- If you are coming CONUS from out of Camp Pendleton, CA and your ultimate duty station is not in Camp Pendleton you will receive BAH-Single at the rate of your last previous duty station location during your time at FMTB-W if you have received BAH at your last Duty location.
3. Advance Travel/Pay- Students are entitled to these payments upon PCS from FMTB-W, Close proximity personnel are NOT entitled to advanced travel/pay. Payments made approximately 10 working days prior to transfer from FMTB-W.
4. Family Separation Allowance-Temporary (FSA-T). FSA-T is authorized when a Sailor is on temporary duty continuously for more than 30 days away from their permanent duty station and their dependents are not residing at or near the TDY station. Page 2 must be updated.
5. TRAVEL CLAIMS: Travel Claims will not be liquidated while at FMTB-W.
6. UPDATING Page 2: It is not recommended to update your PG2 via RED/DA while in a transient status. If you are to do so, please bring it up to S-1 upon check in.
1. The S-1 will coordinate air travel if you do not receive a flight from your previous command.
2. If a flight was booked by the previous command and the departure from FMTB-W is prior to 1500 on graduation day the flight will need to be modified and re-ticketed for a later time. Re-ticketed flights will need to be done by the ticket issuing Navy Passenger Transportation Office (NAVPTO).
3. All OCONUS flights will depart from San Diego International Airport, rerouting of international flights is NOT authorized. Must have a completed overseas screening NAVPERS 1300/16 package (4 pages endorsed by previous duty station CO and CMC).
1. Per NAVADMIN 313/18 all eligible examinees must complete their PMK in their desired advancement paygrade by the first day of the month in which the NWAE is administered. It is best if you are to complete this PMK before arriving to FMTB-W, otherwise you would not be eligible to take the exam.
1. Order swaps or modifications are NOT authorized.
2. Spouse co-location should be coordinated PRIOR to arrival at FMTB-W.
3. Reenlistments and PTS must be completed PRIOR to reporting.
4. We do not provide sponsors for incoming students. If you have any questions, please call the quarterdeck at 760-725-2559.