Know Your Rights as a Federal Employee:
What can you do if you believe a "Prohibited Personnel Practice - PPP" has been committed?
Current and former federal employees, including probationary employees, and applicants for federal employment can file a written complaint with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel. Complaint forms are available on the Web at https://osc.gov. Employees do not need attorneys to file a complaint. OSC is an independent and prosecutorial agency. It will investigate allegations of prohibited personnel practices and seek the appropriate corrective and/or disciplinary action.
Whistleblower Protection Resources: (Select Documents Below *REVIEW*)
Encl 1 - New PPP Poster 1.18.18
Encl 2 - Whistle Blower (WB) Poster
Encl 3 - Your Rights as a Federal Employee
Encl 4 - WB Retaliation Poster 1.19.18
Encl 5 - Know Your Rights When Reporting Wrongs
Encl 6 - Memo for Annual OSC Notice
Encl 7 - Supervisors Responding to Complaints
URC Emergency Announcement (Fake Website):
A fake veteran website called "Hire Military Heroes" (http://hiremilitaryheroes.com), has been recently reported attempting to take advantage of Americans who may be seeking a job, especially military veterans. The web address is strikingly close to the legitimate web service from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (https://www.hiringourheroes.org). Please select the "URC Emergency Announcement" link above for additional details.
SUBJECT: MFR CREDO is hosting a Marriage Retreat in New Orleans 13-15 Sep 19; Other Scheduled Dates Provided (ACTIVE DUTY, RESERVE, IRR ONLY/NO COST TO SERVICE MEMBERS). Attachments Included w/Announcement.
1. MFR CREDO is hosting a Marriage Retreat in downtown New Orleans, LA, just blocks from the French Quarter, on 13-15 SEP 2019. Please share with your command. Other locations across the US are listed below.
2. Hotel reservations and logistics for MFR retreats are made by the CREDO staff at no cost to the service member.
3. MFR CREDO retreats is open to all service members from any branch and status (reserve, active and IRR).
4. Please share with your command and spouses. Registration forms and intel for these retreats are attached.
5. Email registration forms or request forms at email@example.com
6. More information is available at www.Facebook.com/mfrcredo. Like us on Facebook to receive retreat updates and tips!
Marriage Enrichment Retreats (MER):
13-15 SEP New Orleans, LA
27-29 SEP Gettysburg, PA
04-06 OCT Portland, MA
15-17 NOV Knoxville, TN
06-08 DEC San Antonio, TX
Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIST):
13-14 AUG Albany, GA, MCLB
27-28 AUG New Orleans, LA, MCSF
17-18 SEP Washington, DC, Fort Myer
29-30 OCT New Orleans, LA, MCSF
Thanks for your help!
Chaplain Ron Newhouse
Marine Forces Reserve
2000 Opelousas Ave
New Orleans, LA 70014
504.697.8084 (Direct Line)
504.697.8092 (Chaplain's Office)
To register for MFR CREDO Retreats, email registration forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about MFR CREDO, visit our Facebook page and like us at: www.facebook.com/MFRCREDO
* 01 MFR MER Plan of the Day Schedule.pdf
* 2019 MFR CREDO Schedule.pdf
* Command Endorsement Form.pdf
* MER CREDO Registration Form.pdf
* MER Frequently Asked Questions.pdf
* USMC Eagle Eyes - Official Suspicious Activity Reporting Website of the U.S. Marine Corps. "See Something Suspicious, Say Something"; Call 910-451-3333 or 911 Immediately.
* Marine Corps Community Services Camp Pendleton - Site provides information for Marine & Family Programs, Recreation, Shopping/Services/Food, Lodging, and Jobs. Also, the site offers an up-to-date "Calendar of Events" for current and future activities occurring on-base/off-base in the surrounding areas.
* MarineParents.com - Website provides support, information, and services to Marines and their family members and creates opportunities for the public to support troops through the organizations outreach programs.
* SOI-West Shooting Team (PKI/CAC Required) - Volunteer to be a member of the SOI-West Shooting Team. Select link for more information.
* USMC Fitness Program - Official USMC site for PFT/CFT fitness requirements. Select link for more information.
* AY20 CDET/PME Information - AY20 Enrollments are currently available. Select link for additional information.
For issues or problems pertaining to SOI-West website, please utilize the link below to address your concerns via email: