Installation Victim Witness Liaison Officer,
SOI-East Camp Geiger
(1) To be treated with fairness and respect for the victim's dignity and privacy.
(2) To be reasonably protected from the accused.
(3) To be notified of any decision to dispose of an allege offense at court-martial, NJP or ADSEP proceedings.
(4) To be present at all public court-martial, NJP, and ADSEP proceedings, unless the court or legal advisor, after receiving clear and convincing evidence, determines that testimony by the victim would be materially affected if the victim heard other testimony at the proceeding. This right does not obligate the government to pay for expenses incurred by the victim to be present.
(5) To be reasonably heard at any public proceeding involving release, plea, sentencing, or parole of the accused. This right does not obligate the government to pay for expenses incurred by the victim to be present.
(6) To confer with the attorney for the Government in the case.
(7) To receive information about the conviction, sentence, confinement, and release of the accused.
(8) To be notified of the apprehension of an accused, the initial appearance of an accused before a military judge, the release of the accused pending court-martial, any escape of the accuse, and the time and location of any trial, NJP, or ADSEP proceedings (including entry of guilty pleas and sentencing).
(9) To proceeding free from unreasonable delay.
(10) To receive available restitution.