(1) To serve as the Marine Corps proponent for all facets of Civil Affairs and to be the focal point for CMO and CA doctrine, training, and standards.
(2) Serve as the Occupational Field Manager and MOS Sponsor for Civil Affairs.
(3) Conduct formal MOS qualification training for enlisted personnel with comprehensive knowledge and skills in the 0531 and 0532 MOSs.
(4) Conduct formal MOS qualification for officer in the 0530 MOS.
(5) Conduct intermediate formal MOS progression training for enlisted personnel in the knowledge and skills as a CMO Planner Chief, FMOS 0539.
(6) Conduct intermediate formal MOS progression training for officers in the knowledge and skills as a CMO Planner, FMOS 0535.
(7) Conduct advanced formal MOS progression for enlisted personnel and officers to apply the principles, procedures, and responsibilities to prepare them for the staff duties and responsibilities as a subject matter expert in 0530, 0531, 0532, 0535, and 0539 specialties of a G-9 Branch.
(8) Promote training and education in the five cores CA tasks of Populace and Resources Control (PRC), Foreign Humanitarian Assistance (FHA), Nation Assistance (NA), Support to Civil Administration (SCA), and Civil Information Management (CIM).
(9) Promote training and education in the Mission Essential Tasks, Conduct Civil-Military Operations and Civil Affairs Operations.
(10) Provide Mobile Training Teams for CMO and CA training as required.