Colonel Kyle M. Stoddard
Commanding Officer, School of Infantry (West)
Colonel Kyle M. Stoddard was born in Manhattan, New York. He graduated from Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne, Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Business and was commissioned in March 1995 through the Officers Candidate Class program. After attending The Basic School and Infantry Officers Course he was assigned to 1st Battalion, 7th Marines where he served as a Rifle Platoon Commander in Alpha Company, CAAT Platoon Commander in Weapons Company, and Executive Officer and Commanding Officer of Headquarters and Service Company. In 1998, he reported to Security Force Battalion in Norfolk, Virginia, where he served as the Operations Officer and Executive Officer for Security Force Training Center and 7th Platoon Commander for Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST). He deployed with 7th Platoon to Aden, Yemen in support of Operation Determined Response in Feb 2001.
* In 2002, he attended U.S. Marine Corps Expeditionary Warfare School in Quantico, Virginia.
* In 2003, he reported to 2nd Battalion, 1st Marines aboard Camp Pendleton, California, where he served as Fox Company Commander in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in March 2004 and as the Battalion Landing Team Operations Officer in July 2005 with 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit.
* In 2006, he was as assigned to Pacific Command (PACOM) aboard Camp Smith, Hawaii, where he served as an Action Officer in Future Operations, Global War on Terrorism Branch (J351).
* In 2009, he reported to the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit as the Operations Officer. During their WESTPAC deployment he participated in Humanitarian Assistance Operations in Pakistan and the recapturing of the MV MAGELLAN STAR from pirates off the coast of Somalia.
* In 2011, he reported to I MEF Operations Branch for duty as the Theater Security Cooperation Officer.
* In July 2012, he reported to School of Infantry-West to assume command of Marine Combat Training Battalion.
* In July 2014, he attended Top Level School at the Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Alabama, where he earned a Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies.
* In July 2015, he reported to MARCENT-FWD for duty as the Joint Combined Planning Cell-Forward, Operations Officer, based out of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
* In July 2016, he reported to I MEF to serve as the 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade, Operations Officer.
* In July 2017, he reported to 1st Marine Division to serve as the Operations Officer.
* In June 2018, he assumed command of the School of Infantry-West.
Colonel Stoddard’s personal decorations include the Legion of Merit, Bronze Star (with Combat Distinguishing Device and Gold Star), the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal with two Gold Stars, the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal with Gold Star, the Navy Achievement Medal, and the Combat Action Ribbon.